Thursday, October 8, 2009

School Work Interfers with Beach Life. Again...


I’m flat on the couch listening to music with the AC on. It feels good to do nothing. For a change. I’ve had three busy days in school. That’s likely to be a record. I’m usually not busy in school, and I was hoping this semester wouldn’t be too bad either. I guess it isn’t. But I had a big presentation in my management 7001 class yesterday and a midterm due in my sociology class today. Yesterday we were busy at campus from 9am - 3.30pm. That’s an extremely long day for us – that’s almost like a normal work day! We don’t do long work days over here. So we were exhausted when we finally made it home. School
is beginning to bother me. I try to remind myself I’m here to go to school. I seem to have a hard time accepting that fact. Today I had to spend four hours on my take-home ten page midterm, having submitted it I’m rewarding myself and doing nothing. Not true. I’m watching the sunset from the balcony. It’s all orange and beautiful. I love my life here, and I hope you know me well enough to read between the lines and recognize that I’m not complaining about the workload… I usually don’t do any school work during weekends or later than 7pm. That’s my time of.However, I will probably have to work a little extra in the weeks to come. I want to have finished as much as I can before Micke gets here, so I can spend time with him and not worry about school stuff. (Even though I usually don’t spend much time doing in school work, I do spend enough to get A’s. That’s not gonna change…) He’ll be flying in on Oct 26th and staying for two weeks. I’m excited. He’s here for Halloween – Halloween is so much fun over here – I can’t wait! I’m gonna dress up in my ladybug dress and do my infamous ladybug dance and throw a ladybug party.
The dollar exchange rate is so low at the moment that we had to buy a 32” flat screen TV to save money. That’s the philosophy – the dollar is so weak that the more we spend the more we save and the richer we’ll get. We didn’t actually mean to buy the TV, we just wanted to rent a movie, but all of a sudden we found ourselves impulse shopping

flat screen TVs in Wall Mart. We decided not to rent the $1 movie, instead we went home with the TV and downloaded a movie to save money. The opening of the Victoria’s Secrets in Ala Moana Mall is another great way to celebrate the weak dollar and save even more money. Maria and I did a little shopping spree yesterday and returned home with matching pink bikinis. According to Micke, I cannot buy any additional bikinis (I think I already have 13), and I’m not supposed to buy anything pink. (Half of what I own is pink). But Micke is not here yet – haha…. Pray that the dollar weakens even more so I can save more by shopping more, and that Micke won’t get rid of everything pink in my (walk in) closet when he gets here.
We took advantage of the car parked in our parking stall and went on a small trip to a Halona Beach and Sandy’s this Sunday. It’s nice to get out of the city, and Waikiki beach is too crowded.
(Don’t get me wrong - I’m not complaining, just stating a mere fact: Waikiki Beach is too crowded with tourists). This weekend starts off with at GSO Hanauma Bay Snokeling trip, and Saturday night we’re invited to a house party on North Shore. If we decide to go up there, we’ll probably spend a few hours on some North Shore beach on Sunday. I loooooove NS!
Enough for now. I should get back to the important, time consuming task called doing nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment