Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Countdown has Started…


One week from today you will find me impatiently waiting in Honolulu International Airport wearing a lei around my neck exited for Micke to return to me and Hawaii.  I can’t believe time is running so fast! In some ways it feels like forever since we said our goodbyes back in Denmark in the beginning of September, but mostly I can’t believe how fast time is running and I’ll see him again in just one week. I’m getting super exited to see him– I’m almost counting the hours now.

I wanna do all kinds of stuff while he’s here. Since he used to live here, we don’t have to do all the typical tourist stuff. I’ve probably been to Pearl Harbor and Hanauma Bay about 10 times with visitors – and those places are most sees when you’re visiting Hawaii for the first time, but… Honestly – I don’t feel a strong desire to go there again. I mean – living in Copenhagen you don’t go visit the Little Mermaid once a month - do you? Oh well - maybe that wasn’t a very good comparison. Hanauma Bay is an extremely beautiful bay where you snorkel with sea turtles, tropical fish in every imaginable color and corals. And not to forget - Japanese tourists…


There still are a few things I haven’t done on this Island that I really wanna do before I’m out of here. I want to hike Stairways to Heaven and I would love to swim with the sharks (in a cage) on the North Shore. Micke has agreed to the hike, but apparently he’s not so keen on the whole swimming with sharks thing. I guess I shouldn’t really blame him… Oh – and while he is here it Halloween! Even better – this year Halloween is on a Saturday – and we’ll turn our place into a haunted house and host a Halloween Party. Lasts year’s party at my old place was…. Out of control but awesome – this year should be equally fun. Or better. Maybe I won’t have to yell at everyone and throw everybody out this time. We’ll see.  I’m definitely capable of making people leave hehe :)


Last night was this semester’s first Sunset on the Beach. I love sitting in the sand at the beach, watching the sunset and listening to live music, eventually watching the stars and a movie. The atmosphere is so special – nothing can beat it really. Sunset on the beach in Hawaii is truly magical.
Saturday was one of those weird days in Hawaii -I was on the beach with my sociology book trying to study for my upcoming midterms. It was a hot day and the sun was shining from an almost clear sky, there were only a few white clouds to be spotted. And then – out of nowhere it starts raining! It happens all the time out here. You’ll look up and you’ll be like WTF – where did that come from? It appears to be raining from a clear blue sky! And if you take a look around you – the rest of the crowd of (Japanese) tourists are also starring toward the sky trying to solve the mystery. But that’s just Hawaii. After a few minutes it’ll stop – and usually the rain feels quite good and refreshing. I guess that’s the reason for all the rainbows you’ll see out here.



I’ve posted some pictures from last weekend’s Toga Party at North Shore – check them out. I had a great time. We were invited to this house party up in Wahiawa – the house… No the mansion was right on the beach and everybody had dressed up in various togas. This Saturday we’re going to another house party up there – should be fun. Unfortunately it’s my friend Morten’s goodbye party – oh well – he’ll be back… Like the rest of us who tried to leave the island :)

No comments:

Post a Comment