Monday, September 21, 2009

Back in Paradise

Here I am – back on my favorite Island. Well… That’s an understatement – this place is probably my favorite place on this planet. What can I say – it’s Hawaii. And to all of you guys back home: Yes – you really should envy me my paradise – so get your ass out here and come visit!! The sooner the better. I’m only here for nine more months.

I got back two weeks ago. Susanne and Hallvard (my new roomies) had all ready found our new place, moved in to the apartment and cleaned the entire place, so all I had to do was unpack. So so nice! It’s such a hassle to spend the first weeks in a hostel trying to find a place, and the best part is that I absolutely love my new home. It’s very close to our old place, literally just two blocks down the street on the corner of Kuhio and Kaiulani. This also means that the beach is only 100 meters from here and from our lanai and from my bedroom window I can see the ocean in between theHyatt towers, but it really would help if somebody could maybe tear the hotel down. To say that we have ocean view – or even partially ocean view – would be an overstatement… But hey - I can see a small fraction of the ocean from my bedroom window – if it’s not exactly what can be categorized as ocean view, it is at least a small view of the ocean. And I’m loving it.

But that’s not the only thing I love about my room. I’m in love with my walk in closet, my air con (and even better - I just figured how to work the air con remote control), I love my big soft bed, my tiny TV and the fact that my (master) bedroom is quite big and has hard wood floors. But it doesn’t end here. The building is secured with a security guard guarding us day and night, we have a swimming pool (we figured jumping from our lanai on the eighth floor would be a bad idea, nevertheless very tempting), we have parking (I’mseriously considering buying a car, or rather… I’m seriously tryingto figure out how to afford buying a car), we have a big lanai (Hawaiian for balcony), and we have a washer and a dryer and even better – a dishwasher, a living room with a dining area and a very decent kitchen. I even bought a bread machine on Amazon, so lately I’ve been baking bread on an almost daily basis, and we get to eat real bread with real fibers, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, instead of the soft white stuff Americans call bread. Well… I guess my recent obsession with the bread machine deserves an entire post to itself. As you can tell – I love my new home – and I should not forget to mention the most important accessory that came with the place: Susanne and Hallvard!

It’s time to sleep. I should post some pictures – I’ll take some and update the blog tomorrow. Sweet dreams…Zzzzzz……….

By the way - check out Susanne and Hallvard's blog for a video of me giving a tour of the apartment when I walked in the first day I was here: http://honolulusoghawaiivard.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Jeg kan godt lide at planten Per beväger sig fra din dresser til nat bordet, han er en riktig "photo bomber" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svinsk nok søster !!! Herhjemme har det i dag regnet, og jeg har haft shorts på. Skøn kombination, jeg misunder dig på ingen måde.

    Mor er forresten med på mødes-i-New-York-i-påskeferien-idé, så jeg er totalt opsat på, at det skal blive til noget! Har påskeferie fra d. 26. marts - 4. april (og evt vinterferie fra d. 12. - 21. februar). Hvad siger du? ;)

    ReplyDelete